LHG Meat-A-Thon: Acknowledgements and Waiver
Please read the following waivers, acknowledgements, and disclaimers carefully. They include releases of liability and waiver of legal rights, and deprive you of the ability to sue certain parties. By agreeing electronically, you acknowledge that you have read and understood all text presented to you as part of the registration process.
- All participants must be 18 years of age (or older) at the start time of the event.
- All sales are final. No refunds will be given, unless government restrictions due to COVID-19 or its variants (further referred to as the "pandemic") make the challenge impossible to administer.
- I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and agree to complete a self-assessed health questionnaire prior to attending the event. I pledge to answer the questions truthfully and to the best of my knowledge. I understand that participation may be forfeited if the answers to the health questionnaire are deemed a health risk to myself and/others.
- I understand that this is NOT a race, and trying to accomplish this challenge quickly could result in choking and or other physical damage to myself.
- I acknowledge that eating this amount of meat can have physical effects, including (but not limited to) increasing the amount of cholesterol in ones body. I acknowledge the risks of this eating challenge (which include personal injury/illness and the minute chance of loss of life - as well as other risks not directly listed) which may result from participating in this challenge. I voluntarily enter this challenge and assume all risks. As a condition of entry, I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Heritage Corridor Business Alliance (organizer of the event), their vendors, their advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, co-sponsoring companies and their affiliates and agencies, Village of Lemont employees and officials (including public service officials), from any and all claims and costs, including attorneys' fees, relating to, arising form, or in connection with participation in this challenge.